Digital dentures are a type of denture that are designed and fabricated using computer-aided design (CAD) and computer-aided manufacturing (CAM) technology.
Compared to traditional dentures, digital dentures offer several advantages, including:
- Precision and accuracy: Digital dentures are designed and fabricated using precise digital measurements, which can result in a more accurate and comfortable fit.
- Reduced time and improved efficiency: The digital design and fabrication process can be completed more quickly than traditional methods, which can reduce the time it takes to complete the denture process.
- Improved aesthetic outcomes: Digital dentures can be designed and fabricated to match the exact shape and color of a patient's gums and teeth, resulting in a more natural-looking smile.
- Reduced chair time: Digital dentures can be fabricated faster and with fewer appointments, which can reduce the amount of time a patient needs to spend in the dental chair.
- Enhanced durability: Digital dentures are typically made from stronger, more durable materials than traditional dentures, which can result in a longer lifespan.
- Improved bite: Digital dentures can be designed to improve a patient's bite, which can result in improved chewing and speaking ability.
- Enhanced hygiene: Digital dentures are easier to clean and maintain, which can result in improved oral hygiene and reduced risk of infections.
- Improved patient experience: Overall, digital dentures can result in a better patient experience, with less time in the dental chair, improved comfort and fit, and better outcomes.
It's important to note that dentures are not suitable for every patient and the decision to use dentures should be made in consultation with a dental professional.