Dental Implants Townsville
Are you suffering from loose or painful dentures?
Do you struggle to chew the food you love?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then dental implants may be the answer you've been looking for.
Dental implants are a rock-solid way to replace missing teeth and also provide a fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures. Implants can also lock in those loose dentures so you can enjoy your favourite foods. The team at Absolutely Dental in Townsville have extensive experience fitting and installing implants, so discuss your options with us.
Dental implants are artificial roots (usually titanium) that are placed into the upper or lower jaw bone where teeth used to be. A porcelain crown, bridge or denture is then attached to implants to give a solid natural look that can really enhance a smile or stabilse an uncomfortable denture.
Reasons For Dental Implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space
- Restore a patient's smile
- Restore chewing and speech
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable
What to Expect at Your Complimentary Implant Consultation
The consultation is intended to be a guide as to what may be possible.
- First, we go through what it is you are looking for in regards to your mouth.
- We discuss any concerns you may have.
- We go through your medical history to make sure it is safe to treat you.
- We usually take some photos of your teeth and go through the images with you.
- Next, and most importantly, we decide if implants are the right solution for you.
- If not, then we will go over your other options and approximate costs.
- We explain what an implant is and the procedure involved to place an implant.
- If more than one tooth needs to be replaced, there are various options and these will be explained with approximate costs.
- It may sometimes be necessary to refer for a 3D scan to assess how much bone is present.
- In some cases it may be necessary to organise a referral to a specialist.
Your consultation is informative and obligation free.
If you think Dental Implants may be right for you, book a complimentary consultation by calling 07 4723 8100 or book an appointment online here.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriate qualified health practitioner.
All on 4 Style Dental Implants
This a great, modern dental treatment for patients looking to replace 8-12 front teeth that have been previously lost or are no longer fixable and require removal with a smile ready for delivery within ONE WEEK!
For the right candidate (assessed by Dr. Dinesh Singham), teeth can be removed, implants placed and a special PIC camera scan taken to allow us to be able to deliver a new smile typically within a week utilising one of Australia’s most experienced dental implant laboratories. This is vastly different in previous times where the whole process could take up
to 12 months before the final teeth are ready.
If you live in the Townsville region and think All on 4 Style Dental Implant treatment is right for you, give us a call on 07 4723 8100 or book online here to organise a complimentary dental implants consultation with Dr. Dinesh.
All on 4: Dental Implants Case
Dr. Dinesh completed this dental implants case in 2020 - replacing all our patient's teeth with dental implants on the top and bottom.
Dental implants are a permanent replacement for missing or lost teeth and aim to be as close to your natural teeth as possible - there are no limitations to what you can and can't eat with these!
Check out the smile - full of confidence!
Single tooth Implant Crown
This is an example of a single tooth implant supported crown (it's NOT the grey looking front tooth!) The dental implant was placed and left to fuse (osseointegrate) with the jawbone for approximately 3-4months. Then it was ready for the final crown restoration which was joined to the dental implant via a dental implant abutment and titanium screw.
Implant Retained Bar Overdenture
This is an example of an implant retained bar overdenture that is used to replace a full upper denture. As you can see, it differs significantly from a traditional upper full denture. The traditional denture is much larger and covers the entire hard palate to gain suction for retention. The implant retained denture has a fixed titanium bar upon which the denture clips onto. The palate is left uncovered.