Are you suffering from loose or painful dentures?
Do you struggle to chew the food you love?
If you answered yes to the questions above, then dental implants may be the answer you've been looking for.
Dental implants are a rock- solid way to replace missing teeth and also provide a fixed solution to having removable partial or complete dentures. Implants can also lock in those loose dentures so you can enjoy your favourite foods. The team at Absolutely Dental in Townsville have extensive experience fitting and installing implants, so discuss your options with us.
Dental implants are artificial roots (usually titanium) that are placed into the upper or lower jaw bone where teeth use to be. A porcelain crown, bridge or denture is then attached to implants to give a solid natural look that can really enhance a smile or stabilse an uncomfortable denture.
Reasons For Dental Implants:
- Replace one or more missing teeth without affecting adjacent teeth.
- Resolve joint pain or bite problems caused by teeth shifting into missing tooth space.
- Restore a patient's smile.
- Restore chewing and speech,
- Support a bridge or denture, making them more secure and comfortable
What to Expect at Your Complimentary Implant Consultation
The consultation is intended to be a guide as to what may be possible.
- First, we go through what it is you are looking for in regards to your mouth.
- We discuss any concerns you may have.
- We go through your medical history to make sure it is safe to treat you.
- We usually take some photos of your teeth and go through the images with you.
- Next, and most importantly, we decide if implants are the right solution for you.
- If not, then we will go over your other options and approximate costs.
- We explain what an implant is and the procedure involved to place an implant.
- If more than one tooth needs to be replaced, there are various options and these will be explained with approximate costs.
- It may sometimes be necessary to refer for a 3D scan to assess how much bone is present.
- In some cases it may be necessary to organise a referral to a specialist.
Your consultation is informative and obligation free.
Any surgical or invasive procedure carries risk. Before proceeding, you should seek a second opinion from an appropriate qualified health practitioner.