What happens at the first visit to the “Tooth fairies best friend place”?
- Full medical history is taken
- Assessment of the airways and sleep/feeding history
- Teething tips
- Brushing techniques
- Bite (how your children's teeth come together)
- Habits such as thumb sucking
- The risk of decay and how to prevent it
- Nutritional advice
If they cry and make a fuss, this is okay and don't be disheartened as this is completely normal. We do our best to make it comfortable and will never put them in pain, and be as gentle as possible.
When should I expect the first teeth to come through?
- The first teeth will not start to come through until 4-10 months
- Don't worry if they have come earlier or later than other kids their age as it is just a guideline
THE 5 DON'TS OF DENTAL VISITS
- Don't tell your child to be brave (they already are)
- Don't bribe your child with getting a toy at the end
- Don't tell your child that it won't hurt/ or it will hurt
- Don't use the dentist as a punishment such as, "If you don't brush your teeth, the dentist will pull out your teeth/ give you a needle".
- Don't be anxious yourself, as children can feel the anxiety from you and it will rub off onto them