To our wonderful client,
As a valued client, we would like to update you on the precautions we’re taking to address the current Coronavirus (COVID-19) situation at our two dental practices in West End and Kirwan.
Absolutely Dental is closely monitoring all available information provided by Queensland Health, the Australian Government and the World Health Organisation (WHO) in relation to the current health crisis. We are using this information, and its regular updates to implement and reinforce a number of additional, proactive health and safety measures to ensure we can continue to provide you with the best and safest experience possible.
What is Absolutely Dental doing?
- Absolutely Dental employees and associates have been instructed not to come to work if they have any of the symptoms associated with COVID-19 or are feeling unwell, have recently returned from a higher risk country, or have been in close contact with a confirmed case of COVID-19. As health care workers, we will be sent for testing for infection. Staff who have recently returned overseas will be required to stay at home for 14 days regardless. Daily communications between staff members will take place to share the most up-to-date information from government and health authorities to keep them informed at all times. • Our hygiene and cross-infection control standards are rigorously high at all times, so please be assured that our usual protocol is already more than adequate to deal with the COVID-19 virus and in line with government regulations and recommendations.
- We are working to ensure extra hand sanitisation units are available to customers and will provide information throughout our practices about safe hygiene protocols.
- We are encouraging the use of card payments wherever possible to limit the handling of cash for both our customers and employees.
- We are currently waiving our 24hr cancellation policy. If you feel sick on the day of your appointment, please let us know as soon as possible and we can reschedule. We will be waiving our $100 failed appointment fees if you feel any flu-like symptoms or feel unwell suddenly.
- We will be removing all magazines and toys in our waiting room to limit the amount of contact that patients have in our premises. • We will also be temporarily suspending our beverages menu (no tea or coffee, sorry). We will still have disposable water bottles available for you to drink. Please take this with you after your appointment or dispose of thoughtfully in a recycling bin.
How can you help us?
- Please do not attend your dental appointment if you have any COVID-19 symptoms. Patients and anyone with you (including children) will be asked to leave the premises and appointments rescheduled appropriately if they are showing signs of any of the following symptoms regardless of travel history: fever, cough, widespread body aches (flu-like), sore throat, stuffy/runny nose, coughing, vomiting or diarrhoea. You will not be able to attend your appointment or bring anyone else with you to your appointment until you’re 100% well for at least 48hrs or have had a negative COVID-19 test. This may need to extend to those with sick people in your household or those who have travelled overseas within the last 14 days living in your household.• Patients who have recently returned overseas within the last 14 days will have their appointments postponed. We will defer your appointment for the next 2 weeks as you are required to self-quarantine according to the Australian Government. Failure to do this may result in a big fine/penalty from the health authorities. If you have been overseas in the last 14 days and are feeling unwell, we advise you to call your doctor immediately.
- Please come alone to your appointment if possible or limit the number of support people you need to bring to the appointment. We may ask that only the patient (and one parent/guardian for childrens appointments) enter our treatment rooms. Other siblings/support people will be asked to remain in the waiting room.
- We will have alcohol-based handrub on the front counter for you to use when you enter the building. Please use this or wash your hands in the bathroom upon entering to help prevent the spread of germs. If your hands are visibly soiled, we will politely ask that you wash your hands first before applying the alcohol-based handrub.
Increased cleaning coverage
Our primary goal in addition to our usual rigorous clinical cross-infection control is to increase the frequency of cleaning in non-clinical areas for high touchpoints and regularly used surfaces such as bathrooms, handrails, doors, door handles, desks, phones, computer equipment, patient chairs, reception desk, pens, clipboards, point of sale equipment and countertops. Our contract cleaners are also ramping up their efforts to sanitise high touch points during nightly cleaning.
The health and safety of our patients and staff remain our primary focus, and we will continue to update everyone over the coming period as more information comes to light.
We believe our patients deserve to feel as safe and comfortable as possible. You can be assured that we are taking all the necessary steps to reduce the spread of infection. Thank you for your ongoing support so we can still deliver great dental care during this situation and we look forward to seeing you at Absolutely Dental.
- Absolutely Dental Team